Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summertime Inspiration

Good morning Girls, and HAPPY SUMMER!!!

Today is the first official day of summer and instead of stressing about how we'll look in that hot new bikini, I say we embrace ourselves and rock it!

You will learn that I'm very into inspiration and the search for higher knowledge.  One thing I have come across in my studies that is very clear is this: WE ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE!  Sure, you may come back reincarnated as a elegant, sleek giraffe or something, but this body you have now is a temple to be worshipped...and shown off!  If you don't do it now, when can you???

I debated adding the pictures below because I realize not everyone is inspired in the same way.  Some of us girls feel so uncomfortable in our own skin that we can't stand the sight of another woman in a bikini! (especially if she's Beyonce!)  But listen, girls, it's time to be proud of what we got!  Let's put celebrities into perspective.

1.  They weren't born in a special laboratory where they produce only the most perfect, best looking, genetically-engineered babies who are raised specifically for the benefit of Hollywood.

2.  They are all different shapes and sizes like us!

3.  They have an entire team of people, waiting on them hand and foot all day long to make sure they look their very best at all times.  This includes hair, makeup, wardrobe, personal trainer, personal chef, and a PR person even telling them which is their better side to be seen on when taking "candid" photos while on vacation with the fam.  It's not real life, people!  Just think of how fabulous we would all look if we had an entire glam-village watching over us.

4.  They WORK HARD for their bodies and are PROUD of it!  Believe it or not, it's a lot of stress being rich and famous--there's a lot of pressure to be perfect.  So when celebs, like the ladies below, get up at 5 am to workout every morning because they have a full schedule of "being famous" ahead of them, you better believe they're gonna show it off!

Bottom line is this, DON'T HATE...APPRECIATE!  We can learn a thing or too from these women.  So instead of looking at the pictures, judging them, and then delving into a slippery slope of self-hate because we'll "never look like Beyonce," let's try a different, optimistic and self-loving approach.  For example, do I look like any of these women? No!  Because I'm not them, I'm me!  Do I have parts of my body I think need work from time to time?  Of course!  Even the women in the pictures below have low moments.  But am I overall completely dedicated and in love with ME (including my body)?  Absolutely!

Trust me girls, I haven't always been so (non-) narcissistically obsessed with myself.  I understand the pressures of being a woman--from the media to other girls' cattiness (read: jealousy and HATERISM!). But I'm done being a victim.  I've got one life to live and I choose to live it the healthiest, happiest way I possibly can!

That being said, I stand by my decision to post the photos of the fabulous women below.  Why?  Because they're hot!  Not to mention that none of the women below have naturally skinny bodies.  They have curves and know how to work them!  And like I said, we could learn a thing or too from them.  So instead of feeling bad about myself because I will never look like Beyonce, I choose to be INSPIRED by her because the girl has worked hard for that body and she makes me believe that I, too, can look my absolute most fabulous if I kick up my workout a little more and get ready for the summertime!

Happy Summer, Girls...Don't Hate, Be Inspired!

Beyonce
J. Lo
Mariah Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment